Monday, July 8, 2013

Saree Magazines

Do They Exist?

Speaking strictly for myself: I am a confessed magazine fanatic. The texture of paper, thought out typography, thought provoking stories, and well composed pictures set the heart a flutter.  However, there are not any saree magazines available in the United States.  Sure, there is Grazia, Feminia, Filmfare, a few pages in Vogue India, and a plethora of South Asian bridal mags; however, a magazine dedicated to the saree-are they around?   

In the past there was Libas but the bookstore that carried the magazine stopped, then the bookstore went out of business. To subscribe was cost prohibitive on my tiny budget, but that didn't stop me from purchasing it issue by issue-basically every payday. 

So, the question is: Do you know of any magazines dedicated to sarees? If so, please, please, please let me know!









No comments:

Post a Comment