Friday, March 27, 2015

Saree+Typography

That's A Lot Of Scribbling On That Fabric or What Does It Say?

Being in the design field, I have a crush on typography, and yes, my home is filled with books and other items graced with typography.  So, it would make sense that two of my favorite things in the world would come together to create something so beautiful.

Yes, it has been done with type and icons (think Masaba Gupta-more on her later) and I'm sure there are many examples floating out there on the Web, but this year's (SS2015) collection of Satya Paul's via Gauri Khan (yes, that Khan) is quite an eye-catcher.  It combines typography with an explosion of colour (me likey, likey) and nine yards of splendor. You cannot possibly complain.

I would love to see a movie heroine sporting these designs in a movie, at a gala or grand opening of some sort.

Mrs. Khan should wear one to a gala or movie opening ... wait a minute, she didn't wear a saree to LFW SS2015 ... blouse and short skirt!

Okay, something has to be done...

If I am not mistaken, Mrs. Gauri Khan
in one of her creations.

These colours really work for me.

Design as above, but a different colour combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment