Thursday, March 26, 2015

Rocking the Tie Dye

(a.k.a. bandhej, bandhini)

c/o Flickr
If I lived near a saree shop, I would never have money!

Not sure if it was mentioned or not, but I'm gaga (not the singer) about bandhej sarees.  I'm already mad for tie dye and add a saree into the mix ... BAM! Pure bliss.  In western wear, tie dye isn't taken seriously, it's looked at as something for hippies or potheads.  That's not true of bandhej sarees.

They are distinct because of the bright colors and intricate patterns.  It goes hand-in-hand to create something so cool, yet go everywhere-home, office, and night on the town.

Of course bandhej isn't limited to sarees, it's also on turbans (for men) and flowing duppattas just to name a few items of clothes.  I'm sure it's on many more items of clothes and household items, but I'm in the USA, and can't go to Indian shops or markets ... yet.

I have a few bandhej, but want more, more, more!


Love this saree!

Red and gold-so perfect for a wedding.








No comments:

Post a Comment