Thursday, June 27, 2013

What! No Everyday Saree!

The Casual Saree Controversy

After yesterday's post I realized I did not have an everyday, lay about the house saree. What! Seriously? Sadly, yes. How can that be?  

I have sarees for parties, sarees for work and sarees for worship, but, a saree to wear around the house. Nope. A saree to walk the dog around the neighborhood. Nope. A saree to check the mail. Nope. A saree to read a good book in. Nope. You get the picture, I don't have a saree to wear like a pair of well loved jeans and comfy t-shirt. Wha! What is going on?  

Am I following the trend of urban, middle class Indians? You know, a saree taken out for special occasions. In one word, yes. Oh my goodness, I can't do that to the saree, I respect it too much. Let's face it, it's clothes for goodness sake. I cannot betray a saree! 

So, what is a girl to do? Simple, buy more sarees. I'm serious, I have to buy a saree or two just for casual moments in life.  A saree that can take the wear and tear of dusting, cooking, playing with the dog-in no particular order-or dozing off. 


Claude Renault Photography


An elegant, cotton Naranyanpet saree.

Tie dye saree from Karishma Kimatrai.





No comments:

Post a Comment