Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Taant-alizing

Bengali Tants

I'm in love with Bengali Handlooms. If I was rich, I would have a Tant Shop, just tants and nothing else. There's something about the softness of the cotton, and the simplicity of designs.

It all began with a movie, Devdas (2002). Oh, how I fell so in love with the sarees-and let's not forget the acting of SRK, Ash, Kirron Kher and, my fave, Madhuri Dixit-Nene. I can go on and on about the movie, okay, I digress, back to the sarees.  It's all about the tant-lightweight and simple.

When I was able to get one, I purchased a black and gold.  Sure, it's not traditional, but neither am I.

So, let's have the sarees do the talking.



Bengali drape in the traditional (festival) colours.  Also make up and jewelry is on point.

Tant draped Nivi style.

Tant draped Nivi style, and I just adore the colours and big border.

Bengali drape, for a tutorial view this video from, one of my fave YouTuber, Hennafied.



No comments:

Post a Comment