Friday, April 10, 2015

Guarang Shah

The Hero of Handlooms (Part Two)

Who doesn't swoon at the sight of a well designed saree?  Look at the designs of Manish Malhotra, Masaba Gupta, Sabyasachi and Guarang Shah, just to name a few of the designers from India, and tell me their work is not extraordinary!

One designer I want to, no, love to shine the spotlight on is Guarang Shah, a self-taught designer that focuses on, well-deservedly, handwoven sarees.  Shah, a self-taught designer, saw a need in the traditional handloom community. He took up the challenge to revive the art, and bring handweaves back into fashion. A bring them back into fashion he did!

Of course, this is the second time I have focused on Shah's sarees, and it looks like I need to purchase one for my wardrobe! So, the search is on for a Guarang.

I'm not going to waste time on words, let the pictures speak for themselves.  And, don't hesitate to visit the Website, and if you live near a shop, please take a look for yourselves.





No comments:

Post a Comment